[Cvsnt] pserver login problem

Alberto Serrano apserrano at bbvnet.com
Sat Mar 9 01:30:24 GMT 2002

So what about if I want a user mapped to the LocalSystem account?
This doesn't work:

user::LocalSystem

"Brian Smith" <brian-l-smith at uiowa.edu> escribió en el mensaje
news:3C8942B9.6080407 at uiowa.edu...
I'm not a :pserver: expert. But, doesn't the passwd file contain entries
like this?:
     cvs_username:cvs_password:os_username

If you leave off the last part (os_username), then my understanding is
that CVS will assume that it is the same as cvs_username. For example:
      bob:aw34ca3:bob
      bob:aw34ca3
      bob:aw34ca3:billy

The first line and the second line work exactly the same. For the third
line, you need to have an OS user named "billy" for bob's pserver
account to work correctly.

But, that is just my vague recollection of something I read about
something that I never use. So, I could be wrong. Please correct me.

Thanks,
Brian

Alberto Serrano wrote:
> The same happens to me.
> I disabled impersonation, and used SystemAuth=. In theory, CVSNT should
> only rely on passwd file for authentication. However, I had to create an
NT