[Cvsnt] WinCvs speed comparison

Leonid Krutyansky krut at orc.ru
Tue Mar 12 11:44:42 GMT 2002

crco> As I wrote on Saturday, there was a fix committed to the WinCvs code to speed
crco> up some operations. I updated my copy and compiled the wincvs.exe program to
crco> test it out. ...

crco> Test operation:   Diff    Graph
crco> WinCvs 1.2          2       0.5
crco> WinCvs 1.3b6        5       4
crco> WinCvs 1.3b7      124      12
crco> WinCvs 1.3b7(new)   6       2

crco> It looks to me that the fix has at least solved most of the problems even though the
crco> performance is not yet up to the WinCvs 1.2 standards.

crco> /Bo
Your comparison looks quite convincing. And WinCVS1.3 even with your
fix evidently fails in speed, which I don't like very much. Could I ask you to e-mail me wincvs.exe
1.3b6 or your last build of  wincvs.exe 1.3b7(new)? Can you also
advise where to get the external diff (e.g. ExamDiff you use) and how
to plug it into WinCVS1.3 - I don't find the corresponding menu option like it
was in WinCVS1.2, might be looking  badly :(  .  Or you are running it
from the WinCVS command line?

Leonia