[Cvsnt] Error reading from server localhost: -1

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Sat Mar 30 17:16:53 GMT 2002

Greg Robertson wrote:

> To my knowledge no firewall is on this machine (it's a company laptop),
> however NAV (Norton Anti Virus) is running (and there does not seem to be
> an easy way to keep it from doing so).  This is a win2k box with SP2 and
> it is up to date with all other microsoft patches.

If you telnet to port 2401 and hit return you should get an error
message back ('BAD AUTH PROTOCOL START' IIRC). If you don't get this
it's possibly NAV screwing things up.  The only way to remove such
software is often to completely uninstall it, as just disabling it
leaves the broken versions of the DLLs that it's installed.  If this
appears to be the problem I'd file a bug report with Norton too.