Vedr.: [Cvsnt] cvsservice command line arguments

jml at nykredit.dk jml at nykredit.dk
Thu Mar 14 11:35:43 GMT 2002

You have got it all right!

I include scripts that can do the job (must be modified to fit your
installation).

The script is startet from a web-browser, so you'll have to set up a
web-server on the cvs-server (can be used to run CVSWEB also). The
cgi-scripts are perl, so perl must be installed as well (I use ActivePerl).
You may however use the bat-file directly in stead. It takes a
cvs-module-name as a parameter. The script is designed to remove dangling
locks on a single module in stead of on the repository as a whole for
performance reasons.

You'll have to modify the "SET CVSRTDIR" statement in the top of the bat
file and set it to the path of your repository. No other modifications
should be needed. The output from the bat file is written to c:
\temp\CVSUNLOCK.LOG

The listunl.cgi script creates a drop-down list contaning the modules in
the repository. The "system (dir etc"-line in the top of the script must be
changed to the path of your repository.

The unlock.cgi executes the unlock.bat file, and lists the resulting
cvsunlock.log. The "system(bla bla"-line near the end of the script must be
changed to point to wherever you have placed the unlock.bat file.

The unlock.htm is the entrance to the rest. It just says "be careful" - the
"GET method action" in the form must be changed to point to your
web-server/cgi-path.

There at references to a "default.htm" file here and there, so you should
have such a file as "home page" with a link to unlock.htm on your
web-server.

(See attached file: unlock.htm)(See attached file: listunl.cgi)(See
attached file: unlock.bat)(See attached file: unlock.cgi)

Regards

Jørgen Møller Larsen, KMF
Nykredit Data
email: jml at nykredit.dk
Tlf. direkte 96 35 50 69

                    "Kyrre Kristiansen"
                    <kyrre_kristiansen at ya        Til:    cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook
                    hoo.co.uk>                   cc:
                    Sendt af:                    Vedr.:  [Cvsnt] cvsservice command line arguments
                    cvsnt-admin at cvsnt.org

                    2002-03-14 11:06
                    Besvar venligst til
                    "Kyrre Kristiansen"

Is is possible to start and stop the cvs service form the command line? I'm
experiencing problems with dangling locks, so I'm going to make a script
that kills all the cvs.exe processes and deletes all the locks (as
described
in the cvsnt manual), but I think it would be good to stop the service
before I do. Am I wrong?

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
(image)

CVS Repository tools

Remove danglings locks from CVS repository

This utility removes any dangling locks from a CVS repository.

CAUTION: Do not use under heavy repository-traffic.

The CVS-server is stopped, and any CVS-tasks are killed.
Locks are deleted from the repository, and the CVS-server is restarted.

Do you want to start this utility?

Comments to jml at nykredit.dk[1]

===References:===
  1. mailto:jml at nykredit.dk

--
[ =?iso-8859-1?Q?listunl.cgi?= of type application/octet-stream deleted ]