[Cvsnt] Query editors of file

David Stebbings David.Stebbings at OK-Mail.co.uk
Tue Mar 19 15:08:38 GMT 2002

Is there a way to find out all the files one user is editing? (as opposed to
finding out all the people that are editing one file)

The reason for this is I've had a user leave the company but they still
marked as having files "edited".  This isn't a huge problem, but it does
mean people get spammed with emails at times when they work on one of these
files.

I'd like to at least know which files are being edited so I can recreate the
account, log in as that user and unedit all the files.

I can't think of a better/safer way with wincvs but maybe it's possible by
playing with fire and editing the cvs repository directly.

Also along the same train of thought, what are the consequences of deleting
a user other that the above.  Does it cause problems in other areas if the
user is no longer setup?

David Stebbings
Network and Systems Administrator

IPT: Interactive Prospect Targeting
Harnessing the power of the Internet to create new marketing opportunities
* MyOffers * OK-mail * MyViewPoint * CPRcentre * QuizPlayer * FriendsLocator
* TheWinRoom *
For further information on IPT's websites, products and services click here.
http://www.ipt-ltd.co.uk

OK-Mail Ltd, Reg. No. 3928638, Macmillan House, 96 Kensington High St, W8
4SG.

This e-mail is intended solely for the above-mentioned recipient and it may
contain confidential or privileged information.  If you have received it in
error, please notify us immediately by telephone and delete the e-mail.  You
must not copy, distribute, disclose or take any action in reliance on it.

The contents of an attachment to this e-mail may contain software viruses
which could damage your own computer system.  While every reasonable
precaution has been taken to minimise this risk, we cannot accept liability
for any damage which you sustain as a result of software viruses. You should
carry out your own virus checks before opening the attachment.