[Cvsnt] automatic cvs update -d option but only for some directories ?

Frantisek Dufka dufkaf at seznam.cz
Thu Mar 21 13:56:53 GMT 2002

Hello

Is there a way to force the '-d' option of 'cvs update' command per
directory?

In our project we have some directories where we frequently add new files
and directories. Therefore for such directories developers must do a 'cvs
update -d'. The bad thing is that when developer forgots to do this, there
is no warning, but wrong runtime behaviour of the product occurs.

We also use carefuly arranged 'modules' file for different scenarios and
product configurations (like developer workstations, various testing
servers, production server).

With such configuration 'cvs checkout modulename' works as expected, but
'cvs update -d' creates directories which are not wanted. 'cvs update'
without '-d' fails to update the project to the expected state.

I need something like per directory .cvsrc file with 'update -d' in right
places of directory structure.
Is there anything I missed in documentation? How this problem can be solved?

Thanks for your help. Sorry if this is off topic.

Frantisek

Please reply or cc: to me because I'm not subscribed to the list.