[Cvsnt] Shadow folder in cvs

Brian Smith brian-l-smith at uiowa.edu
Fri Mar 22 04:24:40 GMT 2002

Arvind Raman wrote:
> Executable (date; cat; (sleep 2; cd /c/temp;cvs -q
> update -d) &) >>
> :local:c:/cvsrepository/CVSROOT/updatelog 2>&1  not
> found

CVS seems to be interpreting your whole line as the name of the program
that it should be running. So, I recommend that you try to put the
commands in a batch file and run the batch file during commit instead,
like the other user suggested.

I'm curious about this discussion of background processes. What does the
idea of background process have to do with this problem?

Thanks,
Brian