Vedr.: [Cvsnt] Shadow folder in cvs

jml at nykredit.dk jml at nykredit.dk
Fri Mar 22 08:10:37 GMT 2002

It seem to me that the commands you are trying to execute are unix commands
(copied from Cederquist page 138 right?) - that will definitely NOT work on
a Win-machine. Make a BAT-file instead:

Let longinfo look like this:

^mac your.bat

(you'll probably need to include the path to the bat-file)

Let the bat-file contain somthing like this:

date /T>>c:\cvsrepository\CVSROOT\updatelog
c:
cd c:\temp
cvs -q update -d>>c:\cvsrepository\CVSROOT\updatelog

Regards

Jørgen Møller Larsen, KMF
Nykredit Data
email: jml at nykredit.dk
Tlf. direkte 96 35 50 69

                    Arvind Raman
                    <arvind_raman_tech@        Til:    Cvsnt at cvsnt.org
                    yahoo.com>                 cc:
                    Sendt af:                  Vedr.:  [Cvsnt] Shadow folder in cvs
                    cvsnt-admin at cvsnt.o
                    rg

                    2002-03-21 16:16
                    Besvar venligst til
                    Arvind Raman

Hi,
I am trying to migrate from VSS to CVS. Since VSS has
a concept of shadow folders I am trying to get the
same setup up.
I am running the CVSNT server and the client on the
WIN 2000 platform and am using the NTSERVER protocol.
Based of the guidelines given in the cederqvist manual
I added the following lines to the loginfo file
^mac (date; cat; (sleep 2; cd /c/temp;cvs -q update
-d) &) >> $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/updatelog 2>&1
such that any commits to the mac module causes an
update in the c:\temp directory.
When I commit the mac module it does recognize the
changes made to the loginfo file but outputs the
following error

Executable (date; cat; (sleep 2; cd /c/temp;cvs -q
update -d) &) >>
:local:c:/cvsrepository/CVSROOT/updatelog 2>&1  not
found
Could Not Create Child Process (error 2)

I tried several variants of the script but still
couldn't get the thing running. I understand that the
example given is for the unix platform. Anybody any
suggestions ??

Thanks and regards
Arvind