[Cvsnt] Re: cvsntuptd

Arvind Raman arvind_raman_tech at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 22 10:28:20 GMT 2002

Thanks to the mail sent earlier today by John peacock
and a couple of other guys I could get the CVsWEBUpd
work though even I had to tinker around with the code
to make it work . Could u let us know what u have
written in the loginfo file and how u have installed
the CVSNTUpd.exe and the ini files

regards
Arvind

Hello.

I am experiencing problems using cvsntuptd with very
ling path names. I have
a host of html created by a dokumentation generator,
and now cvsntuptd won't
update the web site. Anyone know of a fix?

On another note, if the cvswebnt "checkoutmagic"
variable har worked, I
wouldn't have needed to keep two copies of the web
site in the first place.
I've been digging in the code looking for that
problem, as well as another
bug, which gives wrong version number for files of
versions ending with a 0
(eg 1.10, 1.20, etc), sending me off to version 1.1,
1.2, etc. This is
really annoying, and I've been spending some time
trying to find out the
problem, but I suppose my Perl skills aren't really
good enough. This is not
a problem in the non-nt version.

Despite these problems, using cvsnt, cvswebnt and
cvsntupdt really has made
my life a lot easier (managing 13 developers creating
code running on 3
platforms, which can be a bit of a nightmare).

Regards
Kyrre.