[Cvsnt] problem getting CVS server set up!

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Mar 24 22:02:56 GMT 2002

If you use :pserver: it does not matter from where the connection is
done (Win98, ME, Linux, AIX, NT, whatever....)
BUT, it does matter that the name in the passwd file IS a valid user
on the server machine! He simply MUST exist! If the passwd file looks
like this:
charlie:4X.234Wq7&h

then charlie MUST be a valid account on the CVSNT server machine. If
it looks like this:
charlie:4X.234Wq7&h:john

then john MUST exist and charlie will use john's account while doing
CVS work.

It is simply not possible to just invent any old login name and make
it work....

And it also matters which version of CVSNT you are using, you did not
state this in your post, so I am assuming the very latest one
available.

/Bo

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002 21:00:50 +0000 (UTC), KallDrexx
<kalldrexx at comcast.net> wrote:

>--
>I'm trying to host a CVS server on my machine so that friend and I can work=
> on something.  I have it mostly up but it won't seem to use the passwd fil=
>e in my CVSROOT.  He has windows ME so i can't use NTSERVER and :pserver: k=
>eeps saying that hte username wasn't found, which is a total lie since i en=
>ter it in exactly.  Can anyone help?
>
>--KallDrexx

(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)