[Cvsnt] problem of start cvs nt service

tao lin lams_yi at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 25 11:51:52 GMT 2002

Hi,

No matter what I specify:
:pserver:taol at taocomputer:D:/cvsrepo/test

or

:pserver:taol at taocomputer:/test

then I type cvs login
Logging in to :pserver:taol at taocomputer:2401/test
CVS password:

I type my password, and press return, I get the same error:

The instruction at "0x1000744f" reference memory at "0x0000000". The memory
could not be "read".

And the cvsservice automatic stop.

What's wrong with my setup?

Tao

"Jasmeet S. Virdi" <virdi at softhome.net> wrote in message
news:a7ms3h$1hn$1 at sisko.my.home...
> No u don;t need to convert the file system ..
> and instead of just specifing the relative path in ur CVSROOT try
specifying
> the whole repository path
> something like
>
> :pserver:taol at taocomputer:D:/test
>
> -js
>

> "tao lin" <lams_yi at hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:a7mqiv$bi$1 at sisko.my.home...
> > Thank you. Now my cvs service can run in my Win2000 pro. But when I try
> > test my cvsservice:
> >
> > set cvsroot=:pserver:taol at taocomputer:/TEST
> >
> > cvs login
> >
> > then type in my password
> >
> > I got the follow error:
> > The instruction at "0x1000744f" reference memory at "0x0000000". The
> memory
> > could not be "read".
> >
> > I have followed all the instruction of Bo Berglund "Installing CVSNT and
> > making it work". The only thing I haven't done is convert my NT from
FAT32
> > to NTFS.  Why I must covert that?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Tao
> >
> > "Jasmeet S. Virdi" <virdi at softhome.net> wrote in message
> > news:a7mbvh$n2v$1 at sisko.my.home...
> > > Cud be that the path to the CVS service has not been set ..
> > > set the path environment variable to include cvsservice.exe  ..
> > > then give it a shot ..
> > >
> > > -js
> > >
> > > "tao lin" <lams_yi at hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > news:a7lm4r$bbi$1 at sisko.my.home...