[Cvsnt] Not able to Checkout files

Gerald J GeraldJ at zylog.co.in
Wed Mar 27 05:35:54 GMT 2002

Dear Bo,
1. I am using CVS server for NT 1.11.1.3
2. CVS client is WinCvs 1.2 & 1.3 ( I checked with both ).
3. The protocol used here is :pserver:
4. I had created a repository in the server in my project name under the
repository profix, & connected that repository through the WinCvs1.2 client
in the 'Admin - Preference' option, using
":pserver:cvs at 192.168.10.150:/gerry", (where 'cvs' is the user in the server
& also in the client with full rights for the repository directory & also
for the local folder which contains my project files to be imported, & where
'gerry' is the repository created in the server), then logged in through
'Admin - Login' & specified the passwordfor the user 'cvs'. Then using the
'Create - Import module' option I imported all the files from my local
directory to the repository in the server without any errors. Now using
'Create - Checkout' when I checkout the files specifying the module name,
Iam not able to get the files. But a directory has been created in the name
of the module name in my local folder & no files inside. This process of
checking out files doesn't end & gets hanged up without any result. So
please tell me if I have made any mistake in my procedure, or where the
problem lies.

GeraldJ