[Cvsnt] Installation problem

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Mar 27 22:14:53 GMT 2002

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 18:29:47 +0000 (UTC), "Laurent CHASTEL"
<lchastel at hotmail.com> wrote:

>I used the administrator account of the computer and of the domain.
>I try with the version 1.11.1.2 , the same error happened.
>Is there a limitation with NT Workstation instead of NT Server ?
>Regards,
>Laurent

No there is no difference, I have run CVSNT on all platforms, no
problems. You are facing an InstallShield problem and I recall that I
once had a customer that could not install our software off of a "one
file setup" because the InstallShield engine would not launch
properly.
The solution for him was that we sent him the setup as DISK1, DISK2,
DISK3 etc. Off of these files it was OK to install.
I think that the expansion engine in InstallShield needs a Temp
directory in a certain place to work properly during expansionm of the
one file setup. Maybe you should create C:\TEMP and set the system
environment variables TEMP and TMP to point there? Set this dir as
"full control" for everybody. For safety also reboot before installing
the next time.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)