[Cvsnt] how to set up user-aliases ? - error when rebuilding admin files

Matthias Mohr MMohr at SysDesign-EDV.de
Thu Mar 28 11:12:36 GMT 2002

Hi,

In the standard-installation of CVSNT and newly created
repositories, there is no "passwd"-file in the CVSROOT-
directory.
I use a SystemAuth=yes in the config file.

Now I wanted to setup aliases to the Windows-Users, so
that the User can authenticate with other names which are
mapped to a Windows-User.
I already did this in Unix-CVS-Server and therefore I created
a new passwd with following content:

Test_Alias::WinUserName

After add and commiting the file I added the passwd-File to the
checkoutlist-file so that the server could use it (if I don't do that,
the server does not know about the passwd file and also does
not know about my aliases...)

After committing the checkoutlist, the CVS-server tries to rebuild
the administrative files and complains with following error:
  cvs server: Rebuilding administrative file database
  cvs server: passwd not valid in checkoutlist - skipping

what am I doing wrong ?

with regards,
Matthias