[Cvsnt] how to set up user-aliases ? - error when rebuilding admin files

Matthias Mohr MMohr at SysDesign-EDV.de
Thu Mar 28 14:01:22 GMT 2002

> You are rtying to open up a big fat security hole on the server!!!!
> Anyone can check out this file and modify it to lock out everybody
> else if it was allowed!
If I  setup my NTFS-ACLs correct, it should not be a security hole.
Only CVS-administrators are able to write to that directory...

> The passwd file is managed by the cvs passwd command and should not be
> dealt with manually.
What if I want to use it with Unix-CVS clients ? There is no "cvs passwd" command
as far as I know.
To be compatible with that clients, CVSNT should allow to change this file...

BTW: that is the normal way I always did with Unix-CVS servers....

Now I'm totally confused :-)

with regards,
Matthias