[Cvsnt] Sync between CVS-Repositories and -Server ?

Matthias Mohr MMohr at SysDesign-EDV.de
Thu Mar 28 14:23:59 GMT 2002

> >Is there any way for the both CVS-server to synchronize themself
> >on demand (e.g. by making a RAS-connection once a day) ?
> >Or is the only possibility an file-synchronisation-tool (and then merge
> >the files which were changed on both sides by hand ) ?
> >
> What you're asking for there is distributed repositories... it's a
> difficult problem, and one that I have a few ideas about, but it'll be
> a while before it's implemented.  Luckily you generally don't need to
> do it, because 90% of cvs actions don't need to contact the server
> until you do a commit.
Yes, that's true.

It would really be nice, if a future version of CVS could do this.
And if you are implementing something for CVSNT, please try to
make it as portable as possible, so that this part can be easily
adopted to Unix CVS-server :-)

with regards,
Matthias