[Cvsnt] ToirtoiseCVS 0.48 uses CVSNT by default

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Thu Mar 28 22:58:26 GMT 2002

Brian Smith wrote:
> Actually, I am thinking that recently in the CVSNT 1.11.1.4 source there
> are quite a few bug fixes (for example, didn't "cvs edit" get fixed?).
> These bug fixes are important to (some) TortoiseCVS users. However,
> there are also a lot of non-bug-fix changes in the CVS 1.11.1.4 source
> that may cause a lot of instability.

Pretty much all the bug fixes except the ones done in the last week or
so are in build 57a.  I haven't had the time to merge the recent fixes
in though./

> In addition, at least one TortoiseCVS user complained about the lack of
> rsh support, so I'm thinking to add that if it isn't a pain in the ass.

There is rsh support in the same way that cvs supports it, using the
:ext: protocol.  It just defaults to ssh (because that's what the
majority use) - you can still set the CVS_RSH variable to rsh to
override it.

The NT default rsh client will probably never be supported as it's text
only & breaks the protocol.  You need to use a 3rd party one.

> So, I am thinking to create a branch that will merge _only_ the bug-fix
> changes from CVS 1.11.1.4 into CVS 1.11.1.3 so that TortoiseCVS can ship
>  a up-to-date (bugfix-wise) CVSNT while the new features of 1.11.1.4
> are in development.
>
> Does that sound reasonable?

There's already a release branch, just put anything you need in there.
Unfortunately the build numbers overlap with the develop branch (I
should have left a gap... my mistake) so you'll end up with 57b, 57c, etc.