[Cvsnt] ToirtoiseCVS 0.48 uses CVSNT by default

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Fri Mar 29 00:04:16 GMT 2002

Brian Smith wrote:

> I don't know a lot about how the RSH works; I believe the user that
> mentioned the problem was using :server: instead of :ext:, but I'm not
> sure.

:ext: is basically 'miscellaneous' support.  You set the CVS_RSH env.
variable (or
set the Software\Cvsnt\ext\command registry key) to a program that takes
the the form '<command> -l <user> cvs server' and all the input/output
is piped through that.

The old cvs used to default to rsh, but since that's quite uncommon
these days I changed it to use ssh by default instead.