[Cvsnt] CVSROOT Files

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Mar 30 14:32:48 GMT 2002

On Sat, 30 Mar 2002 13:21:29 +0000 (UTC), "Unknown Dude"
<nobody at nowhere.com> wrote:

>When I add the files passwd, cvsignore, etc.   should I check them in and
>create an archive or just copy the files there?
>
>Mike

passwd should not be handled manually at all, use the cvs passwd
command to manage the user logins instead.
If you want to work on the passwd file manually you can do so, just
edit it in place in /CVSROOT. Note that this file should never be
added to the checkoutlist file so it becomes part of the CVSROOT
module. That would be a big security hole opening up.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)