[Cvsnt] How to add a resource file for a configuration??

Jerzy Kaczorowski jerzyk at wndtabs.com
Sun Mar 31 05:26:58 BST 2002

You need to also add the .rc file, which then in turn includes .rc2 file.
What you need to do is:
1. Copy the cvsnt.rc file to a protocols directory and rename to ntserver.rc
2. Copy the \res\cvsnt.rc2 to the protocols\res\ directory and rename it to
ntserver.rc2
3. In the VC++ IDE right-click the folder and add both these files to the
ntserver_protocol project,
4. Switch to the ResourceView tab in the workspace view and you should see
ntserver resources listed.
5. Right click on it and select Resource includes
6. Change Compile-time directives to:
#ifdef _WIN32
LANGUAGE 9, 1
#pragma code_page(1252)
#endif
#include "..\windows-NT\version_no.h"     // master version number defs
#include "..\windows-NT\version_fu.h"     // version number macros
#include "res\ntserver.rc2"  // non-Microsoft Visual C++ edited resources

Save, compile - there you have it ;)
As you can see the last line is including the .rc2 file - which is how it
gets "in".

Good Luck,
Jerzy