[Cvsnt] Can't commit, import or release :-(

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed May 1 18:15:09 BST 2002

Gosh,
did you realy create such a weird looking repository???
In all CVS work embedded spaces in paths and filenames should be
avoided at all cost, yet you have managed to use no less than 4 spaces
in your respository path....
Remember that CVS is a UNIX application ported to Windows, but most
internal processing is done using the original Unix C code. Spaces are
simply not a good idea here....

I have posted a step-by-step description on what I believe is a safe
and successful way to install CVSNT on a PC. It is located in the
archives at:
http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt/2002-March/004046.html

Please read and adjust your setup, my guess is that you will succeed.

/Bo

On Wed, 1 May 2002 15:17:10 +0000 (UTC),
=?iso-8859-1?Q?Fernando_Rodr=EDguez?= <frr2 at ya.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to setup a cvs server on win2k. This will only be used locally.
>
>After installing the server and setting CVSROOT to
>:ntserver:PANTALEON:d:/archivos de programa/cvs for nt/repository
>
>I'm able to checkout files (cvsroot) but if I try to commit, release or
>import, nothing happens. No error message, nothing. I have to kill the cvs
>process.
>
>Anyone knows what might be going on?

(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)