[Cvsnt] WinCVS client SSH to CVSNT server

Yaogeng Cheng ycheng at neiglobal.com
Thu May 2 03:24:10 BST 2002

Hi:

We just set up cvsnt in windows 2000 machine. The CVSROOT is f:/cvs and
server name nei. We then try to connect to it from a client machine using
wincvs(1.3.8.1 Beta 8). The parameters are:
Authentication: ssh
Host address: nei
User name: ycheng
CVSROOT: ycheng at nei:f:/cvs <mailto:ycheng at nei:f:/cvs>
in settings we clicked "if ssh is not in the path and give it the path to
the ssh that we are using"
Home dir: ssh home directory

Whenever we tried to import a module or checkout, a command line window
showed up and we then typed in the password. Then we close the window.
However, wincvs did not give us any error message, neither checkout or
imported the module.

The message box is like:
Python 2.2.1 (#34, Apr 9 2002, 19:34:33) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32

CVSROOT: ycheng at nei:f:/cvs (ssh authentication)

cvs checkout -P CVSROOT (in directory D:\)

Can anyone tell me what is going on?

Thanks a lot!

Yaogeng