[Cvsnt] Help: How do i manually add the path of cvs.exe?

Ian Epperson Ian at axiomdesign.com
Tue May 7 19:34:48 BST 2002

I am also trying this for the first time.

I just did the same, and got the same error message.  To set the path in
Win2k, right-click "My Computer", select "properties", then select the
"Advanced" tab on the System Properties applet.  Select the "Environment
Variables" tab, go to the "System Variables" box, find and select the "Path"
variable, then select "edit..."

Now, you have to append the path to the cvs.exe file into this dialog.  If
you did a default install, you can probably just add this sample text to the
end (a semicolon (;) separates the entries and the path/filename must be in
quotes because of the spaces involved)

   <other paths> ;"C:\Program Files\CVS for NT\cvs.exe"

I did this, but the CVS still would not start.  In the CVS window, I
selected the "Advanced" tab, deselected "TCP/IP" and "Impersonation
enabled", went back to the "Service Status" then it would start.  I clicked
"Stop", went back to the "Advanced" tab and re-enabled both items, went back
to "Service Status" and it started Ok... don't exactly know why, but there
you go.