[Cvsnt] moving repository from Unix to Windows 2000

Art Tetrault atetrault at attbi.com
Thu May 30 01:10:27 BST 2002

Sorry I took so long to write back.  I see others have encountered and
solved the same problem I had.

By default when processing tar files, the latest version of WinZIP reads
the first 80 characters of the file it is extracting.  If the first 80
characters are ASCII, then WinZIP assumes it is a text file and converts
all the line feed characters to line feed/carriage returns.  This is okay
for ASCII files, but it messes up the archive files (,v files) of binary
files.

In WinZIP, you can disable this by going to Options -> Configuration ->
Miscellaneous and unchecking the "TAR file smart CR/LF conversion"
option.

Thank you very much again for your help.