[Cvsnt] Newbie question - reserved checkout, watched files, edit -c

Durante, Elsa elsa_durante at hp.com
Thu May 9 02:12:26 BST 2002

Hi!

I am running CVSNT 1.11.1.1. Our group would like to use reserved checkout (i know, i know...) and according to Devguy, reserved checkouts don't work. The next best thing would be to use either edit -c or "watched". Is there a way of enforcing edit -c from the server? It looks like edit -c works only if everyone agrees to use edit -c but I know people will forget to use -c.

At http://www.devguy.com/fp/cfgmgmt/tools/install.htm#edit_c Devguy mentions something about editing a .cvsrc file in the HOME directory. Is this on the client's machines or on the server? I do not have a HOME environment variable set on my server (and it works fine).

Thanks for your help!
-Elsa