[Cvsnt] CVSWebNT errors (was: about CVS)

Ian Epperson Ian at axiomdesign.com
Thu May 9 17:36:06 BST 2002

I installed CVSWEBNT 1.93.2.2 yesterday, and it (mostly) worked for me.
There are a lot of steps that are outlined here:
http://www.devguy.com/fp/cfgmgmt/cvs/cvs_admin_nt.htm#CVSWEBIIS

I'm on Windows 2000 Professional
IIS 5.0
CVSNT 1.11.1.3

Note that it looks like the script was modified from the original to run on
IIS.  I'm not familiar enough with the differences between IIS and Apache to
give you any advice on how to modify it back to Apache.

Also note that I was not able to figure out how to change the LockDir in
Step 2, so I assumed that this is CVSNT's temp file location and set it up
as such.

The biggest problem I have with it so far, is it crashes cvs.exe on the
server whenever annotate is selected.  A "Program Error" dialog box pops up
telling me that cvs.exe has crashed, and the log indicates an "Application
exception occurred", Exception number: c0000005 (access violation).  A
little later today I'll poke around with the CVSWEBNT script and see exactly
what it's trying to do, and maybe where it's breaking.