[Cvsnt] RE: Newbie question - reserved checkout, watched files edit -c

Durante, Elsa elsa_durante at hp.com
Mon May 13 20:07:55 BST 2002

Hi!

Thanks for the info! I will try it out, if just edit -c doesn't work, then I will also include commit -c. The devguy suggests the following:

WinCVS does not provide a user interface to the edit -c, commit -c, and unedit -c commands.  It must be entered at the command line or within WinCVS's command-line window.  You can also create a file named .cvsrc file in your HOME directory (the HOME environment variable points to it) containing the following:

edit -c
commit -c
unedit -c

I put the .cvsrc file in my HOME directory. Funny thing is, when I edit (pressing edit button on WinCVS), I don't see the command option -c in the console. I thought the .cvsrc file was a workaround to WinCVS not providing an interface to edit -c. I was hoping so because no one will be using the command line in my group, they will be using WinCVS.

Thanks for your replies!!
-Elsa