[Cvsnt] CVSNT v1.11.1.3 (Build 57c) crashing on login on XP

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue May 14 06:44:23 BST 2002

This might help you out:
http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt/2002-March/004046.html

There are some important things to note, for example the temp
directory, which must not be located in c:\winnt\temp or c:\documents
and settings\....

It is not a good idea to alias logins to the SYSTEM user, that is a
very special account with far too much permissions in some respects
and too little in other.

/Bo

On Tue, 14 May 2002 03:54:29 +0000 (UTC), "L. Li"
<ll2li at engmail.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I recently set up CVSNT v1.11.1.3 on my XP Professional box. Anyway I
>managed to set it up in pserver mode. I believe I have anyhow.
>
>I managed to set up the repo and have it accessed locally on my machine
>using WinCVS. However when I try to get my friends to login under my system
>name (I've aliased the users to my system user), it crashes the CVS service
>and stops. This happens as soon as the other box tries to connect using
>WinCVS 1.2 and 1.3.
>
>As far as I can tell, I've set up everything properly:
>
>- Installed the service
>- Added the repo directory
>- Created the CVSROOT/passwd file using the cvs passwd commands (its holding
>the following syntax):
>
>user1:password
>remoteuser1:password1:user1
>remoteuser2:password2:user1
>
>- Now everytime someone tries to connect thru pserver mode, it crashes.
>
>Does anybody have any ideas? I'm a bit new to this stuff.
>
>Thanks,

(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)