[Cvsnt] Wierd error message while commit

Arvind Raman arvind_raman_tech at yahoo.com
Fri May 17 07:34:16 BST 2002

Hi,
I have occasionally been getting an error message to
which I just cant attribute a cause. Evrything seems
to be working fine and all of a sudden this error
message pops up.

cvs [commit aborted]: cannot rename file
C:\cvs\experiment\JpegEncodeRoot/JpegEncode/cmodel/product/src/,keep.txt.txt,
C:\cvs\experiment\JpegEncodeRoot/JpegEncode/cmodel/product/src/keep.txt.txt,v:
File exists

All that I did was to create a database and then check
in this file called "keep.txt.txt" (The file
accidently got named this way but I still feel that
things should have worked). I checked out the file
twice. Once to my working folder and then to my shadow
folder ( a VSS concept that I am still carrying along)
. When I modified this file and tried commiting to see
whether my shadow folder works or not I got this error
message. I don't recollect having done anything else.

Has anybody else faced this problem. Or could someone
atleast hint to the source of this problem. Once I get
this error message I am unable to operate on the file.
The status of the file is shown as "Modified". I try
updating it to the latest version in the database but
that too doesn't work.

Thanks and regards
Arvind