[Cvsnt] 2 newbie questions: commit problem and specifing repository

Jason Viers bean at po.cwru.edu
Mon May 20 15:52:48 BST 2002

These seem like questions that would have very obvious answers, but a
scan and a search through the archives wasn't helpful.
------------------------
I'm having problems comitting a file.  I can create a repository, import
a file, and check out the file fine.  If I try to commit it, I get the
error:

cvs [commit aborted]: your apparent username (Ninji) is unknown to this
system

(Where Ninji is my windows username).  I have the "use local users
instead of domain" option checked, and at this point this is all being
done locally.  Any idea why it isn't authenticating?

When specifying a remote repository as follows:
:method:[[user][:password]@]hostname[:[port]]/path/to/repository

How would I go about specifying a repository with a driveletter (i.e.
"C:\blah")?  The hostname/port runs into the path since it doesn't begin
with a slash in Windows.  Once again, seems like an obvious question but
I couldn't find an answer.

TIA
Bean