[Cvsnt] How to add newsserver to XP-Pro?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu May 30 01:04:17 BST 2002

On Wed, 29 May 2002 08:24:39 +0000 (UTC), Tony Hoyle
<tmh at nothing-on.tv> wrote:

>On Wed, 29 May 2002 07:32:20 +0100, Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>> "NTSwitch removed due to legal considerations"... But then again, XP
>
>Can't see what 'legal considerations' they're on about myself.
>
>http://www.filemirrors.com/search.src?file=ntswitch.zip
>
>It does work on XP as I've done it - it turns it into .NET Server (albeit
>a slightly broken one... enough to install software though).
>
>Tony

Thanks for the link Tony, I have now secured my copy of the NTswitch
program.
I have a question though, before I get going:
When I have switched to server and want to install the NNTP into my
IIS 5.5, how do I go about it? My PC has not by magic gotten any more
files on it by the switch so I have to have the disks with IIS5.5 NNTP
component I suppose. But where should I look to find these?
I do have the MSDN subscription disks including the platform DVD (All
windows versions) and the DOTNET DVD, could I find the setup in any of
these?
How did you go about getting NNTP up and running?

Grateful for any hints on this!

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)