[cvsnt] performance

Ilya Haykinson ilya at skematix.com
Fri Nov 1 01:48:01 GMT 2002

we recently transitioned from a Linux-based CVS server to CVSNT.

The Linux box was a slow Pentium II with almost no RAM, and the Windows box
is a good P-III with a much faster hard drive and much more RAM. Both are on
the same network connection. Yet, with CVSNT we're getting much much worse
performance doing checkouts, commits etc.

We're using :sspi: more instead of :pserver: that we used with Linux -- but
that should be just authentication...

Are there known issues with CVSNT that would make it significantly slower
than cvs on Linux on an inferior machine?

-ilya haykinson