[cvsnt] sspi from Win98 clients?

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Mon Nov 4 10:56:57 GMT 2002

I just did a quick test from my Notebook which still has some flavour of
Win98 installed on it (don't know exactly which - I bought the thing
second-hand and it was still on there) and tried to connect to the CVSNT
repository on my workstation via SSPI. I got a message about a failure to
initialise "security.dll" which in fact does not exist on that machine. Do I
need to run some kind of Windows service pack (if so which one?) or is it
maybe not possible at all to use sspi from Win98? :ntserver: works fine
however.

Cheers,

Oliver
JID: ogiesen at jabber.org