[cvsnt] timestamp differs 1 hour from system-time

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Nov 7 19:46:14 GMT 2002

The reply below was posted by me from work at about lunchtime today,
yet it appeared on the list only a few minutes ago (7-8 hours later).
I have observed the same behaviour before, sometimes leading to a
repost from me. Why is this happening (the delay in appearance of my
posts when done from my mail account at work)?

/Bo

On Thu, 7 Nov 2002 13:46:23 +0100, Bo Berglund
<Bo.Berglund at system3r.se> wrote:

>It is not a bug, it is how CVS works.
>The times for all operations are expressed as UTC times (formerly GMT) so that
>it can be used all over the world and all developers will be able to participate
>without problem due to time zone differencies.
>
>/Bo

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)