[cvsnt] automatcally deleting older versions

Bernhard Weichel bernhard.weichel at online.de
Mon Nov 11 19:58:34 GMT 2002

hi,

the question might sound strange ...

We use XML for documentation, but the resulting PDF and Help files tend to
be very big. For this reason we do not want to keep them under version
control. OTH we would like to put it into CVS such that anybody checking out
a Sandbox gets the latest version of these files.

one approach could be to delete all but the latest version of binary files
in the CVS archive. Is there a easy way to do this?

Or is there a way to check in a binary file such that it replaces the older
version in the repository.

This would allow us to use CVS not only for version management but for
infomration circulation also.

--
Bernhard Weichel