[cvsnt] CVS Server Not Remotely Accessible

Max listposter at machsim.com
Mon Nov 11 20:37:41 GMT 2002

Hi,

We have a remote CVS server ( by remote I mean Germany-Korea ). The
server usually works but sometimes I just can not login. The response is

cvs -z9 login
Logging in to :pserver:max at 211.234.170.5:2401D:\TheCVSRoot
cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server 211.234.170.5 rejected
access to D:\TheCVSRoot for user max

The computer allows me to ftp and ping without any problems.

telnet 211.234.170.5:2401

is immeditaly closed by the host. ( But this could be due to the fact
that telnet is not enabled or sth else )

I appreciate any hints and suggestions.

Thanks.

Max.