[cvsnt] using pserver with cvsnt

Malzer Ferdinand AS SD MalzerF at spardat.at
Tue Nov 12 09:03:41 GMT 2002

Hello,
Our repositories are located local on the CVS server machine.

We did some further tests with the result, that impersonation works fine as long as this is a local account on the member server, but fails if we use domain accounts.
We also turned on security and object access auditing which shows the follwing results:

during the command "CVS login" (CVSROOT is set to ":pserver:domain\user at s0188000ap3:/ev")

First We see a success audit for the logon of the accounts
Next we see several access deny events for the temp path defined for the CVS service.

The domain account which is impersonated as FullControl all over the temp-path.
The domain account could also successfull connect using other protocols (ntserver and sspi).

Any suggestions?

:-) ferry malzer
tel.: +43(5)0100-15778
fax:  +43(5)0100-915778