[cvsnt] automatcally deleting older versions

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Nov 12 19:42:28 GMT 2002

If you use the cvs admin command it is possible to delete certain revisions
from the RCS file. Say a certain file has revisions 1.1 - 1.32, then
doing this:
cvs admin -o1.2:1.30 filename.txt
will permanently delete the revisions 1.2-1.30 inclusive thus leaving only
1.1, 1.31 and 1.32

I know it works for text files but I don't know if it also works as
expected on binary files (don't know why it should not).

The cvs admin command is restricted to cvs administrators though.

You might set up a certain task that does this automatically of course,
then you have to specify the user account to use like this:
:sspi:username:userlogin at server:/repository
Then you add the username (must be a valid user) to the admin file.

/Bo