[cvsnt] Reserved Checkouts

Ingerun Syrén Sjösvärd ingerun at syrensoftware.se
Thu Nov 14 16:00:38 GMT 2002

Kaj,

You can do like this:
1. Add a watch on the file
cvs watch on <filename>

2. Now users can find out if someone has it already checkedout
by using flag -c to edit
cvs edit -c <filename>

The edit will abort if someone else has made a cvs edit on the file.

Unlike with cvs admin -l, with edit -c it is possible for a user to
commit changes the file if he does not use cvs edit -c, so it is not
really a reserved checkout like cvs admin -l, rather something
inbetween.

BR
Ingerun