[cvsnt] Problems setting up loginfo emails

Chris Little cslittle at mac.com
Thu Nov 14 20:34:22 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup Bo Berglund's CVSMailer so that I can have emails sent
out on file commits and I've run into a problem that seems unrelated to
CVSMailer.

When I initially added the CVSMailing line to the loginfo file I received an
error after committing files so I added the following line to loginfo:

DEFAULT echo %{sVv} >> d:/commitlog

When I do a commit (in this case on the users file), my cvs client says

cvs server: Script execution failed
cvs server: cannot write entry to log filter: echo "CVSROOT users,1.4,1.5"
>> d:/commitlog

Besides this issue the repository is working fine.  I'm assuming that there
is some kind of permissions problem but I can't tell where.

Any thoughts?

Chris