[cvsnt] Commit replicating content of all releases of the file inside itself

Alexandre Augusto Drummond Barroso adrummond at bdmg.mg.gov.br
Thu Nov 14 22:23:01 GMT 2002

I have problems with a recently installed server. It uses the same CVSNT version of another server that is already working (1.11.1.3 build 57j), the same configuration files (CVSROOT are identical) and we use WinCVS v 1.3.8.1b8 rev 1 and Tortoise 0.52.

The problem occours during commits on a branch that is not the main branch. Every time after a commit, the file contains not just the last revision but also a copy of every release of the file. For example, if a file has 1000 lines after I edited it, and the branch has 3 revisions of the refered file, after I commit the changes the file has the 1000 lines plus a copy of the 3 revisions. Next commit it will have the edited file plus a copy of 4 revisions.

It deosn't mater if I'm using winCVS and Tortoise, and always with the new installed cvs server, so every evidence points to a problem with the server installation or with the server itself (Windows 2000 Server with service pack 2 applyed).

In another server, with the same CVSNT version, WinCVS version, Tortoise version,  and the same CVSROOT configuration files, it doesn´t happens. Does anybody knows why?