[cvsnt] applet doesn't work in NT?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Nov 14 21:47:09 GMT 2002

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 16:04:12 +0100, Jörg Krein
<joerg.krein at ims.fhg.de> wrote:

>Hello,
>I installed the latest version (1.11.1.3 build 57j) over an older one
>from wich I thougt it was deleted.
>Nothing works till I downloaded some MFC dlls ( MFCP70.dll etc.).
>Now the service runs but the applet doesn't.
>When I click on the symbol in the start menu nothing happens but
>the hourglas shows up for a second.
>There is no symbol in the control panel!
>I (have to) work with NT4.0 sp6.
>Is the newest CVSNT  compatible with NT ?
>Do I have to fall back to an older version?
>
>Regards,
>
>Joerg Krein

You might try to put the downloaded xx70.dll files into
c:\winnt\system32 and then reboot the machine.
I have seen mention that this actually fixes the problem.
Or you might try to download the sources and compile with Visual
Studio 6 instead. THis removes the need for the xx7.dll files (they
originate from Visual Studio DotNET).
I cannot offer my compilation because I am on an experimental branch,
but the sources still compile with VC6 so you can actually do this.
This is open source territory...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)