[cvsnt] Re: Problems setting up loginfo emails

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Nov 14 23:18:31 GMT 2002

Then I have no clue as to what is going on here. Have you checked the
permissions on the CVSROOT directory (wher loginfo is located) and the
temp dir specified for CVSNT?
For testing you should set Everyone and SYSTEM as full control.
If this does help, then something is really going strange here.

Of course on my box everything works as expected so it is hard helping
debugging the stuff.

/Bo

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 16:41:42 -0500, Chris Little <cslittle at mac.com>
wrote:

>Same result.  I guess the next question is how does cvsnt run the command in
>the loginfo file?
>
>Chris
>
>in article h538tuk2f41ko0fhgemuit1413ik64qnfl at 4ax.com, Bo Berglund at
>bo.berglund at telia.com wrote on 11/14/02 3:51 PM:
>
>> What happens if you use this line in loginfo:
>>
>> ALL dir C:\ > C:\temp\cvsdirtest.txt
>>
>> Same or different result?
>>
>> /Bo
>>

>> On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 15:34:22 -0500, Chris Little <cslittle at mac.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to setup Bo Berglund's CVSMailer so that I can have emails sent
>>> out on file commits and I've run into a problem that seems unrelated to
>>> CVSMailer.
>>>
>>> When I initially added the CVSMailing line to the loginfo file I received an
>>> error after committing files so I added the following line to loginfo:
>>>
>>> DEFAULT echo %{sVv} >> d:/commitlog
>>>
>>> When I do a commit (in this case on the users file), my cvs client says
>>>
>>> cvs server: Script execution failed
>>> cvs server: cannot write entry to log filter: echo "CVSROOT users,1.4,1.5"
>>>
>>> Besides this issue the repository is working fine.  I'm assuming that there
>>> is some kind of permissions problem but I can't tell where.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts?
>>>
>>> Chris

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)