[cvsnt] cvs client library

Bhanu Prakash Reddy breddy at cordys.com
Mon Nov 18 13:01:18 GMT 2002

Hai friends,

	We need CVS client library to do cvs operations from an
application(COM compliant). Initially we thought to use libraries used by
WinCVS and so downloaded the source code. But we find that all operations
like add, commit etc., are like commands with argc, argv parameters. There
is no single or set of dll's which expose the funtions. After compiling the
source code, it only allows to execute CVS commonds from command prompt.
There are no methods exposed as a library. we have a cvs2ntlib.def file
which contains following methods.

DESCRIPTION  'cvs library for NT'

EXPORTS
	dllglue_main
	dllglue_setgetenv
	dllglue_setconsoleout
	dllglue_setconsoleerr
	dllglue_setconsolein

I would like to have funtions exposed like :

	add_directory
	commit
	checkout
	import

	etc.,

	We have seen jCVS from http://javacvs.netbeans.org/library/ . which
contains the functions exposed which are very clear. But I want such thing
in C++, be it a COM dll or Win32 dll.

	So, I hope someone have already came across this situation ( saw
someone asking for COM automation classes for CVS, donno whether they got or
not ). Please suggest the best way how I can achieve this.

Rgds,
Prakash.

privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message
disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or
omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in
error.