[cvsnt] Tagging a removed file

Haible Pascal haible at heidenhain.de
Wed Nov 20 07:46:09 GMT 2002

> we can't seem to tag a file that's in the attic.  We want to tag a
snapshot as of last midnight, but this morning
> some one removed one of the files.  The file is needed for the system as
of midnight, but not as of now.
> Is there a solution to this dilemma?  Is it a bug?

I haven't tried, but from my understanding of cvs you should update your
sandbox to last midnight's
versions, and then retry tagging.

cvs update -d -D today
might be enough, as date specifications without time are interpreted as
00:00 (UTC?),
as I have learned the hard way.

Pascal