[cvsnt] Re: cvsnt in redhat 7.3

Dan Holmes dholmes at mail.ivsi.com
Thu Nov 21 14:32:13 GMT 2002

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 06:33:57 -0500, Tony Hoyle wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 17:54:09 -0500, Dan Holmes <dholmes at mail.ivsi.com>
> wrote:
>
>>i downloaded the source ran configure, make and make install.  now i
>>don't know how to start it.  is there a cvsntd or something?
>>
>>I am using wincvs as my client and i get a CVS exited normally with code
>>1.
>>
> Add a line in your inetd.conf.  See the documentation for the syntax
> (should be installed in /usr/share/doc probably)
>
> cvspserver      stream  tcp     nowait.400      root    /usr/sbin/tcpd
> /usr/local/bin/cvs --allow-root=/usr/local/cvs authserver
>
> Tony

i don't have a inetd.conf but i do have an xinetd.conf i tried to
translate what you had into it.  This i what i came up with.

service cvsnt
{
	socket_type		= stream
	wait			= no
	user			= root
	server			= /user/sbin/tcpd
	server_args 		= /home/dan/cvsnt-1.11.1.3/src/bin/cvs --allow-root=/home/dan/cvsnt-1.11.1.3/src/bin/cvs authserver
}

should nmap show port 2401 open?  i dont see it open

dan