[cvsnt] Stupid access question....

Collins, Danny Danny.Collins at LibertyMutual.com
Fri Nov 22 12:33:17 GMT 2002

I believe that you can use the passwd file as the restriction for sspi,
so it would only allow those in the file to get in to the repository,
and it will still use the domain authentication so you won't have to
manage the passwords themselves.

But don't quote me on that because I am still new to CVS.

HTH
Danny

-----Original Message-----
From: Bo Berglund [mailto:bo.berglund at telia.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 2:57 PM
To: cvsnt at cvsnt.org
Subject: [cvsnt] Stupid access question....

I am getting forgetful or something, but I want to know if the passwd
file is at all used by any other protocol than pserver. I think that I
remember that sometime ago :ntserver: observed the users in passwd if it
exists and does not allow anyone in except those mentioned here. But now
I am all confused. What I am trying to find out is the best way to limit
access to the CVS server. To do it via the passwd file would be good and
easy to maintain. But on a domain maybe the file system permissions are
easier at least for the SysAdmin, but not being one I have problems. It
would be easier if there was a way to use CVS itself to limit access.
And I really would like to use :sspi:... Any ideas?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)