[cvsnt] Re: commitinfo vs. loginfo parameters

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Nov 25 11:45:23 GMT 2002

On Sun, 24 Nov 2002 23:54:01 +0100, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:

>On the same CVSNT server with prefix enabled I receive the following
>command line parameter as the module specification:
>From commitinfo:  F:/CVSREPO/bosse/ModuleXX
>From loginfo:     ModuleXX
>
>This makes it harder to compare the two than is necessary. I think
>that all scriptfiles should do the same, namely Modules are starting
>from the Repository and Repository starts from RepositoryPrefix.
>This way the complete path could be assembled thus:
>RepositoryPrefix + Repository + Module + File (with some \ inbetween)

Loginfo is giving you the module name, and commitinfo is giving you
the repository - they're different things.

The commit_prep and log_accum scripts handle this by passing the
repository $(REPOSITORY) to the log_accum script as a parameter.

This probably won't work if you have a complex modules file - I've not
tried it, though.