[cvsnt] Re: Using InnoSetup?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Nov 26 16:02:02 GMT 2002

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 19:39:43 GMT, mlaan at nospam4me.cs.vu.nl (Martijn
Laan) wrote:

>The newest version of My Inno Setup Extensions support sub components
>(and sub tasks). The help file explains it more detailed but basically
>you just place '\' or '/' in component names to specify parent/child
>relations. So like:

OK I managed to bodge that ('File groups' would be really handy here
as it's a pain trying to go through loads of files associating them
with components).

Now I can't associate a task with a script.  I have a task for
'install cvsnt service', and the script stuff downloaded earlier, but
no way to associate the two.  The help isn't much use here, either.
It seems to be possible to do it with external .exe files but not with
script entries?  What I want to achieve is an extra screen/dialog
appears with 'installing service', does the job and goes away again.
The same for uninstall.

Also, how do you change the order that icons appear in the start menu?
At the moment they appear to be random (I'd like readme at the top &
uninstall at the bottom... at the moment they're in the middle).

Finally, how do you set paths?  I can't find any functions that
automate it...  Setting the user environment is probably easy enough
(forget about AUTOEXEC.BAT though I'm not even going to try to parse
that....) but w/o functions to slice the path into elements it's going
to be difficult to avoid adding the same directory twice.