[cvsnt] Re: Using InnoSetup?

Martijn Laan mlaan at nospam4me.cs.vu.nl
Tue Nov 26 18:26:38 GMT 2002

Hi,

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 17:48:07 GMT, tmh at nodomain.org (Tony Hoyle) wrote:
>That's a problem as I need to stop/uninstall the service during
>uninstall.  Calling 'net stop cvs' as an external executable seems to
>work but it does rely on net.exe not changing its name/moving.

I don't know if it's any use to you, but if you have an .exe besides
the service .exe you could ask that .exe to stop the service using
[UninstallRun]. Or if you don't want to use net.exe, you could include
something like MS's sc.exe

>>Windows handles the sort order. New things are sorted alphabatically
>>AFAIK. Note that it sorts things including the '.lnk' extension, so
>>'My Program' ends up below 'My Program Help' unless you use 'My
>>Program ' to trick it. There is a registry key where Windows stores
>>the sort order (I forgot the name) but there's no Windows API call to
>>access/modify it.
>
>It's definately not alphabetical!!!

I tried your list of icons and it ends up alphabetically in the menu
(using XP). Maybe you installed to an existing menu? Windows remembers
the settings chosen by the user. You could probably reset those
settings by clearing the registry key I mentioned, but I'm not sure
your users would be too happy about that.

Greetings,
Martijn Laan